Sunday, August 24, 2008
Trust me when I say this.
We're no ordinary librarians.
The amount of work that we do is equivalent to a REAL secretary or more.
Definitely not fun, but I still wonder why I persevered till this point.
LOL - serious hard work that goes outta your way, really.
But, why did I stay?
Perhaps, I just wanted to finish what I was doing?
And then, they had some Best Dressed competition....
Now, who would've thunk it?
Our teacher, Puan Foziah, who made us WORK IT.
Literally, I mean, damn hard work.
Man, I tell you... this woman can really give us work lar.
Hahaa, but I can't deny that whatever she did, it built us up and strengthened our characters lar.
Thank you teacher :)
* * * * * *
Rushed to band practice right after this event.
Got caught in the rain...
Had glitter everywhere due to that sash and crown, urgggh.
Thank goodness my glittery dress blend in very well, lol.
Zinvi wasn't around, so I have to worship lead and play the bass guitar at the same time tomorrow.
I'm losing my voice.
Hope it comes back tomorrow :(
And right after that, rushed to Jusco Tebrau to watch "Meet Dave".
Cause BB already bought us the tickets.
Today was just too hasty for me.
Not something I enjoy definitely.
But ahhh, it's alright.
* * * * * *
The holidays end tomorrow!
*bangs clock on desk repeatedly*
What's wrong with YOUUUU??!!
%$#@ ! .
Thursday, August 21, 2008
I found this on Facebook from the group,
"I Appreciate Christian Pick-Up Lines".
Got some lame and funny ones.
Some don't make sense.
Check it out for yourself lar :)
* * * * * *
A collection of the best:
1. "nice bible."
2. "is this pew taken?"
3. "i just don't feel called to celibacy." - horny fella, lol.
4. "for you i would slay two Goliaths"
5. "i would go through more than Job for you"
6. "you are perfect, except with all the sin."
7. "when Moses struck the rock, water flowed from it like a river. i promise i will never strike you."
8. "you are so unblemished that i would sacrifice you." - run, run, run!
9. "what, this here? oh.. thats my study bible - it's a little bigger but i can handle the extra spiritual and physical weight."
10. "shall we tithe?"
11. "at points in my life i have been referred to as Samson"
12. "the word says 'Give drink to those who are thirsty, and feed the hungry'; how about dinner?" - LOL.
13. "i didnt believe in predestination until tonight."
14. "im not like those other Christ Church guys."
15. "i believe one of my ribs belongs to you." - classic!
16. "i know Lachlan Payne."
17. (if no.16 gains no response) "Lachlan Payne knows me"
18. "i went on a beach mission but all I ended up doing was mission you."
19. "i can be your Boaz."
20. "my spiritual gift is my good looks... it lifts peoples spirits" - ..... -.-"
21. "i sacrifice my sunday mornings to look after the creche group. its tough... but i love children."
22. "is this the transfiguration.. because you are glowing"
23. "i have a job."
24. "mark driscoll takes up 35% of my ipod memory."
25. "hey.. i would work 7 years for your sister.. but i would work 7 more years for you."
26. "im kind of a big deal at Koorong"
27. "hey good-looking, Ecclesiastes 4:11..."
- I looked it up and this was the verse, "Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone?" - LAWL.
28. "absolutely. i often throw clothes into the samaritan bin."
29. "bible-gateway happens to be my homepage."
30. "im a man who discovered the wheel and built the Eiffel Tower out of metal and brawn. That's what kind of man I am."
31. "marry me."
32. "can I buy you a non-alcoholic beverage?"
33. "i have many sponsor children. one in each developing nation."
34. " im one of the fortunate ones..greek and hebrew come pretty easily to me."
35. "my favourite species of vegetation is the church plant."
36. "did i just have mud rubbed in my eyes?"
37. "what's an xbox?"
38. "now i know why Solomon had 700 wives... Because he never met you." - he's dead, lol.
39. "i used to believe in natural theology, but since i met you i've converted to divine revelation"
40. "i look after widows"
41. "is that a thinline, duo-tone, compact, ESV Travel Bible in your pocket"
42. "why dont i have a bible dictionary? well, i dont really need it."
43. "bathsheba had nothing on you"
44. ''you put the 'cute' back in persecution...''
45. "your hair is like a flock of goats descending from Gilead" - hey, that's taken from the book of Songs of Solomon, lol.
46. "so, can i clothe you in righteousness?"
47. "how many times do I have to walk around you to make you fall for me?" - do you think I'm freaking Jericho?? LOL.
48. "how would you like to join my Purpose Driven Life?"
49. "if you say no, i will rip out my hair and my beard"
50. "if you say no, im going to tear my clothes, get in my sackcloth and rub dust into my head.."
51. "if you say no, i'm going on a pilgrimage."
52. "unfortunately i cant perform miracles and ive only got enough bread and fish for 2 people."
53. "so, my parents are home, you wanna come over?"
54. "let me remove my sandals before I come any closer.."
55. "lets say, hypothetically, you were married. I would send your husband to the front line against the Amorites"
56. "its obvious to me that you sprouted from the good kinda soil..."
57. "feel free to meet me at the threshing floor."
58. "you can lie at my feet.."
59. "i know its absurd, but every time i walk towards you, it feels like im being lead to bethlehem." - WTH??? LOL.
60. "if i had to choose between a romantic date with you or a night with the fellas... i would sit at home and read my bible." - get a life! LOL.
61. "i really like your spirituality, it goes well with that shirt."
62. "welcome to the christian family... the only family where brothers and sisters can marry each other" - wahahaaaa... xD
63. "i did a love tester on your name and mine.. it came back 'predestined'"
64. "you're totally depraved but i'd still like to go out with you..." - another horny fella.. -.-"
65. "you can come crash at mine tonight. i have a separate room prepared."
66. "i'm a proverbs 32 kind of guy and you're a proverbs 31 kinda woman..." - uhhh, i looked it up and there's no proverbs 32, proverbs 31 is "The Woman Who Fears The Lord". LOL.
67. "im interested in full time ministry, and not only that... i also play the guitar."
68. "mmm... you really have to watch out for that man of lawlessness.. but dont worry, im not him, so you're safe with me."
69. "if we were around with noah... then you, me... pair." - honestly! *rolls eyes*
70. "i arrange the substantial christian section of my bookshelf into alphabetical order. coffee?"
71. "i sit with my mum at church"
72. "let me sell you an indulgence because it's a sin to look as good as you do."
73. "not a big fan of your last name, but thats cool, i can change that." - how dare you! LOL.
74. "Solomon had 700 wives. You can be my 2nd girlfriend. But bring your friends."
75. "i have a bible verse tattoo. its permanent. its also in ancient greek."
76. "i consider myself to be fisher of women. this would be referred to as "casting my net". - boleh.... boleh blaah! xD
77. "i'm pretty much considered an elder in the congregation these days"
78. "it would be my honor to present you spotless on the last day."
79." Me. You. Song of Songs: the remix." - xD
80. "when i read philippians 4:8, i think about you."
- the verse is, "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things". - awww, lol.
81. "i would leave 99 sheep to come and find you... and then i would carry you home joyfully on my shoulder"
82. "i prayed up the front at church tonight."
83. "im developing the newest form of singstar: hymns and songs of worship."
84."look, you're nearly 22. most christians are 3 years into marriage by now... just settle for me."
85. "i come from Egypt... the same place Moses lived."
86. "my general biblical knowledge is quite vast, probably because i finished bible trivia as a child."
87. "who's your favorite apostle?"
88. "you make the Queen of Sheba look like a hobo."
89. "i have familiarised myself with all 5 love languages, in fact, i invented 4 of them."
90. "let's go for a ride in my zondervan"
91. "I like to think that I'm all things to all women." - what a ______!
92. "have you died before? because that looks like a resurrection body to me.."
93. 'all im looking for is a Godly woman. i don't care that you're not attractive.'
94. 'you float my ark.'
95. "do you need prayer? because i am certainly willing to lay hands on you"
96. "as Shammah the son of Agee a Hararite protected the field of lentils, so i wish to protect you."
97. "you make me want to be a better Christian."
98. "i will never give you reason to hammer a tent peg through my skull."
99. "i predicted David over Goliath... now I'm betting on you and me."
100. "if you were staying for the tribulation, i would consider staying too.. but then i would probably leave."
101. "if you were a leper, i would still hold your hand.. even if it wasnt attached."
102. "i would have asked you out to dinner, but i just put all my money in the offertory basket."
103. "Hi, I'm Calvin. You were meant to choose me."
104. "Unlike the Israelites, who forgot the Lord, I will remember your name most of the time."
105. "you are a galations 5 fruit salad." - hahaha... "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law."
106. "i mentioned you in my testimony."
107. "can you make your decision, because im keen to build a commemorative altar and bunnings is shutting in 15 minutes."
109. "the perseverance of the saints is well illustrated by the amount of time I spend talking to you." - ohh goodness, help. lol.
110. "the Lord Jesus was into carpentry. Im doing an apprenticeship."
111. "Baby, is your name Grace, because you're irresistible."
112. "I must be Boaz, because baby you're Ruthless!!"
113. "Hey, I'm Will" - "Will who?" - "Will of God for you, __ !"
114. "I've been praying for a Girlfriend. Wanna fufil that request?"
* * * * * *
Okay, one more time for the record.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Monday, August 18, 2008
And guess what, I didn't make it to school as we planned to.
Cause dad's tire caught fire. Literally.
Seriously, what a way to start the morning.
More like, what a way to send me off to KL for the national debate, lol.
We managed to put the fire out before we exploded to pieces.
So, Rajwinder and I took a bus to school instead.
Chun Lei was such a darling to fetch me from the bus stop to school.
Just in time to catch our bus. Thank you! :)
Well, I must say...
I never expected to have such a great company to KL.
I was the eldest girl there, well I mean, not including the teachers.
Just among us students, yeah.
Our supporters consisted of the SDJ's lower six students and some young boys from the afternoon session. Not forgetting the supporters and participants from SSI as well. Yeap, we shared one bus together. It was great cause we got to know each other better. New friendships formed, closer friendships bonded.
So, times in KL were much more fun!
Had the time to spend in Mid Valley Megamall to get stuff we wanted - shop about.
Kesian, I was feeling pretty thrifty lar that time, lol. We stayed at the International Youth Centre in Cheras.
EIGHT girls, ONE room, ONE bathroom.
My parents were like, "Ohh, my goodness!".
While smacking their forehead, lol.
But we were really organized with things so no one got upset :)
And we stayed up pretty late - chatting the minutes away.
One by one, the girls knocked themselves out till there were 3 of us left.
The remaining 2 requested me to withdraw for they knew I could stay up forever, lol. And so I gave in and tucked in at 2am.
The next day.
We girls really screamed and cheered for the badminton team when they were against Sekolah Menengah Sains Alam Shah. The SAS students told us their spirits were so down by our cheering for our school till SMK Dato' Jaafar claimed every prize there was to compete for - we won everything.
LOL - GO SDJ!
Later on towards the evening, we got ready to leave for RTM Angkasapuri to support SSI for the Malay Debate. But as I was about to board the bus, the teachers commented that there was some wardrobe error with my attire. I was informed to wear a blazer and a white outfit inside, a skirt is prefered and wearing a tie is optional. AND SO, I wore a blazer and a white decent dress inside. Like what they told me to.
UNTIL, they told me that I was supposed to wear a blazer and my school uniform inside, with a tie. I was damn pissed cause of this wrong delivery of information, cause our room that was on the third floor had no freaking lift. I had to rush all the way back 100meters into the centre and climb SIX flights of staircases to reach my freaking room - in my high heels, dress and blazer. OOOH, I was so pissed off, UGGH.
Diana Joyce who had a school uniform of my size was obliged to lend hers to me for the night, I felt so bad. Make her strip her uniform and give it to me. Just borrowed her shirt and tie, wore my own slacks, blazer and heels. She kept telling me that she didn't mind at all and she was honoured but I still felt bad. Worse in fact.
AND THEN, I had to rush all the way down 3 floors and 100meters out again... I was trying not to sweat like crap, sighs. I hate wrong information. Just because I was silent in the bus, so was everyone else. I was just trying to pull myself together again and complete my make up, that's all. Didn't mean to pull everyone else down with me :/
* * * * * *
And yes the Malay Debate, SSI won, as you've read from the post below. After that, it was our turn, the English Debate. Before that, my teacher brought me to the RTM crew to inform them of the performance SDJ prepared - which was me playing the guitar, singing "Setia".
Apparently Yayasan Pendidikan Cheras [YPC], the one who organized this entire thing, did not specify to RTM that SDJ prepared a guitar performance but they only mentioned a guitar performance from SAS. Okay great, I brought the guitar all the way from JB, carried it on my back and now you're telling me this? Sighs, whatever it was, I accepted it and decided to focus more on my debate. There was just too many unnecessary unfortunate events that were occuring to me at the same time, I was getting pretty disintegrated and my spirits were pretty low.
Yeah, poor Mel :(
The debate proceeded, and just let me be very honest.
With the motion, "the history of a nation is shaped more by events rather than individuals", we were the opposition and we were striving for a landslide victory against SAS. We believed that the history of a nation is shaped more by individuals, rather than events.
On the Government's side, the first speaker was their teacher and he was alright. The second speaker a malay boy that was running like a bullet train and everyone had a hard time trying to understand what he was trying to deliver, including the judges. The third speaker, was a malay boy who was one of those sissy types [people said so]. So, he spoke with a lot of sarcasm, a "broken-wrist syndorme" and a lot of "whatever"s. No offense, but like a typical bimbo, lol.
If only they really debated on true facts and solid stands, then I wouldn't say anything. They were merely criticizing, even cursing my second speaker to "die by losing his head in an accident" [from the 3rd speaker] and they were definitely not debating, seriously. They were really floating in the clouds because this was the scene that night:
80% of the auditorium were SAS supporters who were dressed in yellow.
10% were supporters from other schools.
10% were our school, SDJ and SSI.
The SAS speakers would speak irrelevant points but their school would scream and clap like mad till we debaters who had the microphones couldn't overcome them. They don't understand what they're school's saying but they'll scream and clap like mad still. That was our scenario. And when we came up with solid stands backed up with facts, they couldn't applaud cause they had to support their own school. Our JB people who were the 10% in the auditorium clapped and shouted like mad, but in that huge auditorium, they sounded so small... lol. It's okay guys, I love you still :)
As the debate drawed closer to its end, we summed up our case efficiently and strongly. This is not just my opinion but other schools and teachers as well, maybe except SAS - that we were definitely going to win the debate this time. CAUSE it was so FREAKING OBVIOUS. Even some of the SAS members didn't clap or shout as much anymore cause it was such a clear cut, such a clear victory.
But to everyone's shock... in the end of the day, this was the result:
Sekolah Menengah Sains Alam Shah won the debate. Bringing back RM500 each and the title of Champions of the debate. We came in Second, bringing back RM250 each. The Pengarah Pendidikan shook my hand and told me that I was a fantastic speaker as he gave me my awards.
In my head, I was like, "Yeah thanks... but it was so biased" :(
And after we received our prize, we had to stay on the stage as they announced the Best Speaker of the National Debate 2008. Everyone was cheering for Mr. Ang, the teacher who got me into this. Hahaa, he won last year's best speaker. So, I cheered along with them, I didn't mind him getting it cause I bet he's already feeling so upset that we didn't win this unfair debate.
"... And the Best Speaker of this year's English National Debate is.... Miss Melissa Yap!"
I shook the Pengarah Pendidikan's hand again to receive another trophy with RM300 alongside. And he said, "See, I told you.. you're really good!" and he smiled. I couldn't help but smile back. It was unexpected. Hahaa, but Mr. Ang and I were rather equivalent, so I did feel that I deserve it at the same time, lol. Mr. Ang was happy for me, he said he didn't mind. But he said he'll cause havoc if any of the SAS speakers won that title, lol.
And so we made our entrance out.
Mr. Ang didn't even want to stay for the photo session cause he felt that it was so unjust. So we accompanied him out, but on the way, a lot of the yellow shirt SAS guys requested for pictures with me, lol. My mates were like, "Yeah lar Mel.... famous already lar... got fans lar now... all guys somemore.... LOL". I didn't call them to me okay... lol!
This constantly happened along the way to our bus. Guys were waving everywhere unanimously and telling me "I love you"s. My girlfriends who were walking with me cannot tahan lar I think, LOL. They said I was looking like a very pretty lawyer, so everyone's attracted... xD
In the bus, we analyzed the judging scheme.
Cause Mr. Ang's been teaching English for more than 20 years and he's definitely been a debate judge. So, look. If I won Best Speaker, that means my marks are higher than the Government's first speaker. My marks would be pretty high and the Government side requires their next 2 speakers to earn very high marks, to win my other 2 fantastic speakers who had excellent english command and great persuasion. One was a bullet train, and another was a bapok [people said so], both with not very good command of english. We were really like, WTH..?
This comes down all the way to showbiz again.
It would look really bad on tv if they lost cause they filled up 80% of the entire auditorium. When they won, they did some cheer thingy with some stranger simply running up to the front of the stage to conduct the cheer. Yeah, that looked really good on tv, cause it was already planned. So obvious.
And just before I left, the host that announced the results caught hold of me just before I left. He said, "Melissa, I dunno... but maybe you'd like to keep this result slip... but hey, I really think you did really well... just take a look at this okay.... congrats!".
Just when we reached the International Youth Centre to sleep off our tiredness and disappointment, we were informed that we were leaving on that night itself. Geez man! What's wrong with Yayasan Pendidikan Cheras? Organization skills were really no good man. They told us that our bus validity ends tonight and so we must leave tonight. What nonsense man... travelling after midnight is dangerous.
They printed it on black and white that we were leaving the next morning. But we had no choice. Most of us couldn't even bathe, we just packed and rushed up the bus. Urrrrgghh, dammit betul lar. I slept like a log on the bus. Only woke up after 4 stops when I reached Simpang Renggam, lol. My body was aching all over cause I couldn't lower my seat when someone's legs behind me didn't allow it. I was just so glad to be home lar. Phew.
When I got back to JB, I remembered the result slip the host passed to me and this was what I realized....
Do you notice what's printed on the envelope?
People, the official envelopes of this entire event is this envelope.
With Yayasan Pendidikan Cheras printed on it.
I could only sigh looking at this.
And inside the result envelope, this was what the 3 malay judges circled on...
They better telecast this English Debate on air.
Let the entire nation judge for themselves and see how unfair this debate was.
You guys tell me what you think about it after seeing it on air.
Guys, I'm not sure of the dates yet.
But I am very sure that it will be aired this month is conjunction with this patriotic month. It'll be on RTM1 or RTM2, look out for it.
For me, this debate was utterly disappointing.
But it was a bittersweet experience.
* * * * * *
Mum was complaining why I kept bringing back so many trophies.
Cause she dunno where to put them anymore, lol.
A few trophies in a week.
So, I woke up really early on Saturday morning.
Dad sent me to Kluang Parade and we reached at 8.45am.
But everything only started at 9.30am.
Typical Malaysian time.
Never punctual and always half an hour late.
The SAB team & teacher, and Su Chien from SMK Tasek Utara.
We represent the Johor Bahru district.
Dad was giving us great support.
He felt really excited throughout the game cause he was calculating the scores and updating us so that we'd push harder, lol.
Thanks dad :)
In the first game, we were at the 2nd place.
Second game, we fell all the way down to the 4th place.
At this point, me and Nazwa couldn't take it,
so we pushed ourselves like mad.
By the last game, the 3rd one,
we seriously pushed all the way and we won our
The Johor Bahru district won as CHAMPS at the Johor Level!
The boys got 4th.
Takpe lar, it's okay.
As for the individual scores, I ranked as the 7th best player in the entire Johor.
I knew I didn't play as well as I usually did.
I was just too tired, travelling from KL and next day to Kluang.
Crazy, I know... :/
But ahh well, 7th's fine for me.
I'm glad I don't have to keep representing to the next level.
I've gotta study man.
P.S: I'll get pictures of our KL trip after school's reopened.
Sunday, August 17, 2008
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERED SUGGESTION ON MY POLL AT THE RIGHT COLUMN.
I need some answers, I mean, suggestions.
* * * * * *
Pada 14 Ogos 2008, YPC dan Alumni Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Dato’ Jaafar Johor bahru dengan kerjasama Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM) Kuala Lumpur akan mengadakan Debat Kemerdekaan bertempat di Auditorium Perdana, RTM Angkasapuri Kuala Lumpur.
Sebanyak empat buah sekolah pilihan iaitu dua daripada Kuala Lumpur dan dua daripada Johor Bahru akan mengambil bahagian dalam Debat Kemerdekaan bertujuan untuk menerapkan semangat kemerdekaan dalam kalangan pelajar, menggalak pelajar dan guru berfikiran kreatif dan kritis, memupuk perpaduan dalam kalangan pelajar berbilang kaum serta membina keyakinan dan ketrampilan guru dan pelajar untuk berhujah di khalayak ramai.
Menteri Penerangan akan menyampaikan hadiah kepada pemenang Debat Kemerdekaan Bahasa Malaysia manakala Menteri Pelajaran akan menyampaikan hadiah kepada pemenang Debat Kemerdekaan Bahasa Inggeris.
- Portal Pendidikan Utusan, Isu Semasa
Sek Men Sultan Ismail, JB Juara Debat Kemerdekaan 2008
KUALA LUMPUR, 14 Ogos (Bernama) -- Sekolah Menengah Sultan Ismail, Johor Baharu muncul juara program Debat Kemerdekaan 2008 bagi kategori Debat Bahasa Malaysia yang berlangsung di Angkasapuri hari Khamis.
Dengan kemenangan itu, peserta membawa pulang sebuah piala pusingan, wang tunai RM500 setiap seorang dan piala iringan.
Tuah juga menyebelahi sekolah berkenaan apabila pemidato terbaik turut terpilih dari sekolah yang sama, Muhammad Shafiq Naqi Saharudin, membawa pulang sebuah piala iringan dan wang insentif sebanyak RM300.
Hadiah disampaikan Menteri Penerangan Datuk Ahmad Shabery Cheek.
Naib johan pula dimenangi Sekolah Menengah Teknik Kuala Lumpur yang menerima piala iringan dan wang tunai RM250 setiap seorang.
Debat kemerdekaan ini diadakan untuk menggalakkan pelajar dan guru berfikiran kreatif dan kritis, meningkatkan kemahiran berhujah di khalayak ramai, memupuk perpaduan di kalangan pelajar berbilang kaum dan menghayati kemerdekaan negara.
Tema debat itu ialah "Golongan Remaja Masih Belum Menghayati Erti Kemerdekaan".
* * * * * *
What you think?
I'm too tired to tell you what happened tonight.
I just got back from KL and Kluang...
Will tell you all about it, soon.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
It's 12.30am and I've just finished packing everything I need for the National Debate at Angkasapuri, and my State Level Bowling Competition in Kluang.
We'll be leaving at 10am today.
Man, I hope I'm ready.
My teacher was asked if our school was performing any item just because Cheras was performing a zapin dance. And without my consent, my teacher confirmed with them that I will sing a song while playing the guitar.
It's on National Television people!
And I AM SO NOT a guitarist :(
Lol, it's not my strongest instrument lar.
I'm still a noob at it kay, eventhough I can play by ear.
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
I can see Benson laughing at me now.
Whatever Ben, whatever.
Sighs, ahh well.
Anyways, I'll be singing "Setia" since it's based on the Independence month.
Hope I do well, especially when it's right after debating... lol.
I currently have no idea when they will broadcast the National Debate on tv, but I'll let you guys know if I do :)
Alright, I gotta go.
Gotta wake up early.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
what a bliss :)
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
Mel got white hair???!
My sweetest darling had to spot 2 golden strands of hair on my head.
Literally gold, white and brown....
This is the first time I've ever seen dying hair on my head.
It is.... saddening.
I'm getting old.
And I'm only nineteen to begin with :(
* * * * * *
I dunno if so much is happening too fast.
Last Friday, I agreed to enter a bowling competition, district level, among form six students only. We competed at Skudai Parade, where everything sucked - the lanes and the house balls especially.
So, we reached there at 2.30pm.
But of course due to Malaysian time, nothing is ever punctual.
My schoolmates and I got ourselves ready by selecting a suitable houseball respectively.
After such a difficult time, we chose balls that we could bear with.
Most of them had major holes in them, the finger holes were too far apart or damn small.
I found two 11pound balls that were just alright.
So we gathered our balls and took care of it placing them at a rack where we can watch them.
Everything started only at 3.30pm.
The minute they opened the lanes for trial throws, I went to my lane to get my ball....
And it was GONE.
I took any ball that was available and gave some warm up throws.
Damn, none of them fit.
I was throwing into the drains, miserably, cause the houseballs got stuck with my fingers.
This would be like, bowler suicide.
SO, I went around searching for another ball.
I couldn't find any! :(
Until I came across a 12pound black ball.
It was heavy, the holes were jaggered and slightly big, making it difficult to grip - they don't fit like gloves, but I don't have any other options. Whatever, I'm screwed.
We played 3 games.
With every throw, I was suffering a great deal of agony.
My thumb swelled up like a retarded sausage.
It was so painful.... but I was trying my bestest to do very well with every throw I got.
I kept my focus, pretty much.
The lane next to me, had a SUKMA player who hailed from SAB...
Where she had 6 strikes in a row.
Damn - I couldn't help but applaud for her.
I felt so malu, lol.
In the end of the day... I kinda did pretty well.
Better than I expected actually.
With 3 games, I had a total of 393 marks.
First game, 147 marks. Second and third, I forgot, lol.
Where the SUKMA player had about 416 marks for two games I think.
She's really good :)
And dudes and dudettes...
I got SECOND place.
The SUKMA girl and I are gonna represent the district of Johor Bahru in Kluang.
This was really unexpected.
When I found out about the date.
It was even more shocking.
My National Debate, KL is from the 13-15 August.
The Bowling Johor Level Competition, Kluang, 16 August.
My teacher got worried for me.
She said that I'd be very tired.
But hey, this opportunity don't come around often.
I'll just do it... it's the last time I'm going to anyways.
So, I guess.... my studies macam betul-betul "bo liao", lol?
Yeah yeah, I know it shouldn't be an excuse, which is why I'm still pushing myself really hard in my studes okay. I'm not giving up.... at least, not yet.
* * * * * *
My entire day on Monday was surprising when a few students randomly approached me and it went something like this...
"Mel, you entered My Starz LG is it??"
"Urrrm, yeah... how you know? Lol, I don't remember telling you..."
"I saw you on TV! Hahaa... you looked so sweet... xD "
Hey, I didn't add in that last part, LOL.
They said it! xD
Apparently, last Sunday at 12.30, an entertainment-update show called "My Melody" on TV3 rolled in a preview of the auditions that took place. And so, that's how my friends saw me... lol. So now, the whole school knows. They said that the camera focused on me for about 3 times... according to them. But they said there were no shots of me singing.
LOL, thank goodness!
Seriously, I had no intentions to tell my school lar...
Only my close classmates knew about it.
Kerana, malu nanti bila tak dapat.
And dad found the video clip online, and saved an image for me.
It's nothing much really.
Nasib baik I lost weight before entering this show.
Want to see it too?
Here's the link.
To save you time,
Go to part 4 starting from 6:00 to 7:15
I need to practice with my debate.
And hopefully some time to practice my bowling skills.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
And arrgh, she had to tag me of all people!
What did I ever meant about saving the world???
* * * * * *
Instructions: Remove 1 question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list, list them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged.
1. At what age do you wish to marry?
Between 23-28 ;)
2. What is your most favourite thing to do?
Be with the people I love! :D
3. If you have a close close close friend since childhood who loves to take away whatever you like, including guys/girls, and he/she always wins, will you still consider him/her your friend?
Well, I WILL kick his/her ass too [like Nette] if it gets too far. There's a limit to what you can take away from me kayy... lol.
4. What would you give up in return to eat all you want in the world and not get fat?
Omg, that would be fantastic! Urrrm, I'd give up slacking as my favourite past time? Hehee..?
5. Is there someone in your heart right now?
Ohh definitely! There's Jesus... family and friends! :D
6. Do you believe you can survive without money?
Realistically, not really. But by faith, I believe so - I've got Jehovah Jireh ;)
7. What are you afraid to lose the most?
My Saviour, family and friends.
8. What do you feel like doing, right now?
I feel like.... loosing all the unnecessary fats I have! LOL.
Okay fine, honestly... I want to meet somebody I truly miss :(
9. If there's someone that you love, would you confess to him/her?
I'd pray about it, drop hints and make sure the feeling's mutual before I could bring myself to it ;)
10. List out 3 good points of the person who tagged you.
Well, beside the fact that she doesn't want to save the world... psh.. lol...
She's my loving childhood friend, possesses a contagious-weird laughter and also the perfect person to have great conversations with, be it crappy or intellectual :)
Yes babe, I love you too.
11. What are the requirements that you wish from your other half?
Love. Pure love. A man after God's heart. Everything else will fall in its place - Nette
She couldn't be more right ;)
12. What is the thing that will make you think he/she is bad?
Well, negative actions may not necessarily reveal the purity of the heart. A beautifully-perfect mask is the genius that conceals the identity of the wicked. So, I can't judge a book from its cover. I've gotta know that someone for a while before I can tell.
13. What would you do if you cannot get what you want in life?
Let go, Let God - Nette
She is making this easy :) hahaa.
14. What do you think 'Love' is?
It's everything. Literally. All-consuming and selfless. Check out 1 Corinthians 13 - Nette.
There she goes again, great minds think alike :)
15. If you had a choice to be rich or happy, which one would you pick?
Happy, duh.... lol.
16. If you have a chance, which part of your character you would like to change?
17. What is the one thing you love about yourself?
Hahaa, nobody wanna sound so full of themselves here... but I love the fact that I can love people and be loved in return too :)
18. How do you see yourself in 10 years time?
LOL, married... and successful, god willing. Hey, I'm trying to be optimistic here, lol.
19. Who's on friends & family list on your mobile phone?
Jerry, Dan, Sue, Brad, Celine, Benson, Benroy, En Ai, Kelvin, Matthew... :)
20. If you had 24 hours to do anything, anything at all in the world, whether it be realistically possible, what would it be?
8 person whom I tag:
NO FREAKING BODY.
It's time to save the world from these vicious tags... haarummph!