Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mel Had An Oral Surgery Called Frenectomy


Yeah, you must be thinking
"Ahhh, it's Mel and one of her extreme surgeries again".
You're absolutely right!




We all remember the tooth extractions in 2007....


the headgear in 2008.... lol, man.

And now this, Frenectomy in 2009.


See this "rubber band" thingy that connects your gums to your lips?
It's called a Labial Frenum.
Yeah, I had it surgerically removed last Tuesday.

Why Mel??
What's wrong with youuu??

In case you guys weren't following earlier on, you can refer to my earlier post regarding the need for this surgery.

Man, after such a long time....
I actually felt fear, I was feeling scared on that dentist chair.
The minute I saw the huge bigassed needle that I've met before when I had to extract my two permanent teeth, I shivered. Recalling the seriously long needle shots that went into my mouth EIGHT TIMES.... The counter had now been promoted, that would be TWELVE TIMES now. Dammit.


The Anaesthetic Needle.

The feeling of that huge long needle penetrating into my gums and mouth 4 times, refreshed the past. After the nurse tested poking my gums with a sharp scaler, I felt nothing, which meant that I was ready. In they called the doctor, Dr. Chan. He took this lazer pen rolled up in aluminium foil, saying that this is a lazer surgery, that it would take a very short moment.


This 2 pictures were taken from the previous posts while extracting my teeth.

As he started lazering my flesh, I could literally smell my flesh burning. I thought,
"Ohh, this is what cannibals smell when they cook us".
Cause it didn't smell pleasing, or tasty.


In less than a minute, he was done, as the nurse stopped the device that was sucking away blood that was overflowing. A cotton goss was immediately pushed against the cut where my labial frenum no longer existed. I still felt numb from the anesthetic, so I hoped that there would be no pain, like how it happened when I extracted my teeth.


He told me that I couldn't brush my teeth for 2 days, that I'll only have to use listerine the mouth wash, twice a day. I was wondering how it would sting if it touched my wound. Shivers.
After going home, speaking to my parents with hand gestures and muffled sounds, they understood my perfectly. That's why they're my parents :)



A bloddy show.
It's gone forever.

I refrained from resting, to know if I felt any pain. Not long after that, I started to feel giddy and weak, suddenly feeling the numbness fading away. I assumed great pain would follow suit, but thank God it didn't. I just felt agonized for a little while. I ate porridge for that day, could hardly bite anything. But the next day was fine, I just didn't dare to move my lower mouth so much.




From a bloddy show, it looked like ulcer now.

Another day went on and I felt that I could move my mouth more, eat more solids.
So I tried checking my mouth further.
And I found this beneath my tongue.


Seems like the two labial frenums were connected perhaps.
It looked gory but I didn't feel much.
Don't worry peeps, I think the blood clot is subsiding.
Hopefully it'll be gone soon.

So that's the price I had to pay for vainity.
Any one else up for braces?
*evil laugh*

No comments:

♥ COUNTING THE DAYS

you complete me :)